How To Clean Shower Doors
These tips make it super easy to clean the shower doors at home, even with the ingredients available in your kitchen pantry.
In modern times bathrooms sparkling glass doors have taken the place of solid brick or fiberglass walls. These have now become the style statement of every house.
But it is counted in modern house styles unless your bathroom glassdoors are squeaky clean and do not coat with the soap scum.
If your glass doors are coated with hard water spots, molds, and soap scum, they snatch the beauty.
If your guest uses the bathroom, it is also laid a bad impression on them.
Thus, it is important to learn how to clean shower doors to look smooth and shinier daily.
Various cleaning products are available in the market that promises to clean the glass doors in a single swipe.
But you can also use supplies available in your pantry to clean the glass doors with the help of cleaning tools daily and keep your bathroom looking the best.
Items You Need:
- White Vinegar
- Lemon Juice
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Baking Soda
- Dishwashing Liquid Soap
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Dishwasher Rinse Agent
- Windshield Rain-Repellent
- Dryer Sheets
- Spray Bottle
- Microfiber Cloth
- Microwave Bowl
- Window Squeegee
How To Clean Shower Doors With Vinegar Solution
Distilled white vinegar has a string acidic nature that can easily clean hard water spots and tough bar soap scums from the bathroom glass door. You need to do:
- Make a solution of white vinegar by pouring it into a microwavable bowl. Heat vinegar for 30-45 seconds in the microwave. Then transfer the warm vinegar into a spray bottle and add a few drops of liquid dishwashing soap.
- Spray vinegar solution on the shower door and mist the door surface heavily. Leave the solution for 5 to 10 minutes on the door.
- Take a sponge in your hands and start scrubbing the door from the top. Rinse the glass door with water and dry it using a microfiber cloth.
Tip: Do not use an abrasive brush or scouring pad on the glass door; the dryer sheet will help in gently cleaning the soap scums.
P.S. Note: Make sure not to use vinegar solution if you have a natural stone floor or surround. The acid will damage the stone.
How To Clean Shower Doors With Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is not as strong as vinegar, but its odor is better, and you can easily soap scum from glass doors by making a little more effort. The same applies here; make sure not to use lemon juice if you have a natural stone floor.
- Make a lemon juice solution by squeezing 3-4 lemons and adding liquid dishwashing soap into it. Use the lemon solution for light soap scums as it is not very strong like vinegar.
- Leave the solution for 5 to 7 minutes and scrub it using the dryer sheet not to create scratches on the glass door. Wash the door with water and wipe it with a microfiber cloth.
How To Clean Shower Doors With Ammonia
Ammonia is one of the most popular ingredients for cleaning window glass panels as it gives a smooth and clean surface after using it. Follow these steps to clean the shower door using Ammonia:
- Make an ammonia solution by combining one tbsp of Ammonia and one quart of heated water and mixing them in a spray bottle.
- Ensure that you keep the windows open and the exhaust fan on while using an ammonia cleaning agent. Spray the solution on the glass door and leave it for 5 to 7 minutes. Then use a scrub to clean the door. After scrubbing, dry the glass door using a microfiber cloth.
P.S. Note: Do not Ammonia if you are also using chlorine bleach to clean the bathroom. In case both of these mixes will cause deadly fumes.
How To Clean Shower Doors Daily
As you have cleaned the hard soap scum and water spots from the glass doors using the Ammonia, vinegar, and lemon juice solution, you can daily clean the soap from the glass door in an easier way. Follow these below-given steps to clean glass doors:
- Make a daily glass door cleaning solution. Take a spray bottle of one quart, mix half cup of rubbing alcohol, half cup of hydrogen peroxide, one tbsp of liquid dishwashing soap, one tbsp of liquid dishwasher agent, and 3-cups of water.
- Use Squeegee on the bathroom glass door as a part of the daily bathroom glass door cleaning routine. Start Squeegee the door from the top and wipe out all the water and soap drops from the surface of the glass door.
- Now Spray the daily cleaning solution after Squeegee the glass door. Make sure to keep the door open and turn on the bathroom exhaust fan so that the solution gets quickly dry. Keeping the door open also prevents the growth of mildew on glass doors.
How To Clean Shower Door Tracks
Shower glass door tracks easily get dirty if the bathroom door is not frameless. In such cases, you need to clean the shower door tracks.
- Use acidic qualities of vinegar to clean the metal tracks of glass doors. The grime will deposit in the lines of metal tracks, and if you didn’t clean it for a longer time, you might have to do a hard job to clean them.
- If the grime is too hard and for a long time, you can fill the vinegar in the track so that the grime gets loose.
- Scrub the tracks using the toothbrush.
- Using water, clean the glass door tracks and dry tracks using the old towel.
Read More: How To Choose Remodeling Home Contractors
Tips To Keep Shower Doors Clean Longer
Follow these tips to keep your glass doors squeaky clean every time you enter the bathroom.
- After every shower, do not forget to Squeegee the glass door
- Spray the daily cleaning solution on the door to prevent soap scum and hard-water build-up
- Coat the glass door with windshield rain repellent so that water slides off the surface of the glass door.
- If your door easily gets soap scum, you can switch using bar soap and start using liquid shower gel for bathing.
Read More: Timesaving Beauty Tips for Busy Moms
* Best Car Rental Companies 2022
* Reasons to hire a personal trainer
* What you should know before applying for a payday loan
* How to clean vinyl plank flooring
* What to consider before buying a dining chair
* When to reupholster an old sofa
* Reasons to use a travel agent
* How to choose a wedding decor guide
* Everything you need to know before getting a puppy
* Know about tattoo removal