What Is NASA Full Form? Know More About NASA
Do you know what the NASA full form is? The full form of NASA is the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. NASA is an independent space agency of the U.S for civilian aeronautics programs and space research. NASA was founded in 1958 and took over from the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (NACA).
National Aeronautics and Space Administration has been involved in several missions and space programs of commercial crew vehicles and unmanned. For the Space Science Science students / Aviation Industry and Astronomy, NASA is considered to be a MECCA of space on Earth. In NASA more than 17000 employees and various government contractors, it is one of the few companies that has more than one-third of the women workforce and more than 10% scientists as Indians.
NASA’s vision is to create space science technologies that include space exploration, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), the study of the galaxy, commercial aircraft, and planets. They never in charge of military missions and also has the vision of broadening and exploring knowledge and scope for humanity.
What Is NASA Full Form? NASA Vision and Goals
NASA full form is National Aeronautics and Space Administration, and the vision and goals of NASA are:
- Expansion of human activities across the Solar System for finding alternative sustain possibilities and better sustainment.
- Extending the scientific knowledge of complexity in the earth’s formation and related around the universe.
- Innovation and creation of new space technologies.
- Experimenting and creating for the new advanced aeronautics
- NASA conducts space and aeronautics activities for groups and institutions to search for innovations and possibilities.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration has the responsibility to share all the information with the public through educators and institutions to share knowledge and give opportunities.
NASA is also involved in climate and environmental research during emergencies such as floods, tornadoes, earthquakes, and major other natural calamities to see the root cause and behavior of tectonic plates and earth core during emergencies.
Successful Programs By NASA
The NASA full form is National Aeronautics and Space Administration, and it has launched many successful unmanned and crewed; the government of the United States finances the National Aeronautics and Space Administration space missions, which have helped millions of people worldwide. So here is the list of successful missions:
- North American X-15 (1954-1968 USA)
- Project Mercury (1959-1963 USA)
- Vostok Mission (1956-1964 USSR)
- Voskhod Program (1964-1965 USSR)
- Soyuz Program (1965-Ongoing USSR)
- Project Gemini (1965-1966 USA)
- Apollo Program (1961-1975 USA)
- Shenzhou Program (1922-Ongoing China)
- Space Shuttle (1972-2011 USA)
- Spaceship One and Two (2011-Ongoing USA)
- Salyut Stations (1971-1986 USSR)
- Dragon 2 (2010-Ongoing USA)
- Mir (1986-2001 USSR/Russia)
- Skylab (1973-1974 USA)
Upcoming NASA Projects
Here is the list of some programs that NASA is working on:
- NASA SpaceX Crew-1
- OSIRIS -REX
- Orion SpaceCraft and SLS
- Space X Program / Blue Origin
- Double Asteroid Redirection Test
There are several more programs added to the list of National Aeronautics and Space Administration which will help humankind to sustain in the coming years.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is full form of NASA and ISRO?
The NASA full form is National Aeronautics and Space Administration. Various space programs have been running and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration is financed by the government of the United States.
The full form of ISRO is the Indian Space Research Organisation. It is the space agency for Indian space missions.
Where is NASA located in the USA?
NASA full form is National Aeronautics and Space Administration. The headquarter is located in Washington DC, United States.
What does NASA do for us?
The NASA full form is National Aeronautics and Space Administration. It is the U.S government space agency that is liable for science and technology related to space and air.
What department is NASA under?
National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an autonomous agency under the executive branch with a chief administrator recommended by the U.S president.
Who is the CEO of NASA?
The CEO of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration is James Frederick Bridenstine.