Best Ice Cream Cake Recipe To Try At Home This Summer
Are you on the lookout for the best ice cream cake recipe? You are at the right place.
We all love ice creams. Do you know what you will love even more? An Ice cream cake. Yes, we are here with a few easy peasy ice cream cake recipes that you can try at home.
So what are you waiting for? Get ready to beat the heat in style.
Best Ice Cream Cake Recipe:
Below we have listed homemade DIY ice cream cake recipes with different flavors to cater to every tastebud.
Giant Chipwich Cake
This giant chip cake is the easiest ice cream cake recipe. You will want to make an unlimited stock, so you never run out of it. Yes, it’s that delicious.
- Two packages of chocolate chip cookie dough
- ½ gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Start by preheating the oven at 350 degrees. While the oven is heating, you can line two cake pans with parchment paper. Press one cookie dough in each pan at the bottom. Bake it for about 20 minutes until it is golden. Keep the pan aside to cool for about 10 minutes, and then freeze it for 30 minutes.
- Take out the cookies from the freezer. Flip one of them over with a flat side up and put vanilla ice cream. Using a spatula, smoothen out the top to create an even layer.
- Sandwich the ice cream using second frozen cookies with flat sides facing down. Press them together and put some ice cream out on the sides. Now press in some chocolate chips on the sides until all the exposed parts of ice creams are covered nicely.
- Put the ice cream sandwich on the serving plate and freeze for the next 2 hours. When you are ready to serve, take it out of the freezer and let it sit for 10 minutes. Cut into cake-like slices and serve.
Ice Cream Poke Cake
We love a good homemade ice cream cake, and this recipe is perfect for all Neapolitan lovers.
- One box chocolate cake mix,
- 2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 4 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 14 oz. can sweeten condensed milk
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- pinch of kosher salt
- 3 tbsp. cocoa powder
- Chocolate sauce
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Maraschino cherries
- Preheat your oven at 350 degrees and meanwhile grease a baking pan with cooking spray. Follow the instructions on the package to make the cake mix.
- Pour the cake mix batter into a pan and bake it for 25 minutes until it passes the toothpick test. Keep it aside to cool when done.
- Now take a medium bowl, add chopped strawberries and sugar, toss nicely to coat well. Keep it aside.
- In a large bowl, beat 2 ½ cups heavy cream using a hand mixer until you see peaks forming. For in condensed milk and one teaspoon vanilla. Combine everything properly. Now fold in strawberries gently.
- Use the spoon bottom to poke holes in the cake. Now pour strawberry mixture into the holes and spread it using a spatula. Keep it in the freezer for upto 5 hours.
To Make Whipped Cream:
- Take a large bowl to beat 2 cups of cream using a hand mixer along with vanilla, salt until you see peaks forming. Top it with whipped cream, sprinkles, a drizzle of chocolate, and Maraschino cherries.
Banana Pudding Ice Cream Cake
Another favorite DIY ice cream cake recipe is the banana pudding cake.
- One box vanilla cake mix,
- 3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup crushed Nilla wafers
- Two sliced bananas, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed Nilla wafers
- 20 whole Nilla Wafers
- Start by preheating the oven at 350 degrees. Take two cake pans and line them with parchment paper and grease using a non-stick cooking spray.
- Follow the instructions on the package to make the cake mix. Divide the cake batter into each cake pan and bake for about 30 minutes until it passes the toothpick test.
- Let the pan cool for about 10 minutes, and then put it on the cooling racks.
- Meanwhile, make an ice cream layer. Beat ice cream in a stand mixer with the fitted whisk attachment until you see peaks forming.
- Add pudding mix, vanilla, condensed milk, crushed nilla wafers, and two-third of bananas.
- Assemble cake:
- Add one layer of cake to the serving plate. Spread half the ice cream mixture on the cake and top it with a layer of Nilla Wafers. Now put the second layer and spread the left-out ice cream mixture on top of it.
- Garnish your DIY ice cream cake with Nilla wafers and banana slices.
- Freeze it for about 4 hours until the ice cream is firm.
Rainbow Ice Cream Cake
We love rainbows, be it in the sky or our homemade ice cream. Check out this super cool and easy rainbow ice cream cake recipe and surprise your kids.
- 3 cups of heavy cream
- 1 14-oz. can sweeten condensed milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple food coloring
- Beat heavy cream in a large bowl until peaks start forming. Add vanilla and condensed milk until everything is combined, then divide this mixture into size serving bowls.
- Add different food colors to each of the bowls and mix them thoroughly.
- Now take a loaf pan and grease with non-stick cooking spray, and then line using a plastic wrap. Now add layers of color in order of the rainbow. Make sure to spread nicely to the outer edges of the pan.
- When you have used all the colors, keep them in the freezer for about 5 hours.
- Take it out when you are ready to serve and put it on the plates. Cut them into cake slices.
Snickers Ice Cream Cake
If you are a brownie lover, this DIY snicker brownie ice cream cake recipe will blow your mind.
- Two boxes brownie mix
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- 4 Snickers bars, chopped
- 1/2 c. hot fudge sauce,
- 1/2 c. dolce de Leche,
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. As per the instructions on the packet, make a brownie batter. Divide this batter into two round baking pans lined with parchment paper. Bake them for about 35 minutes until it passes the toothpick test.
- Let the cool pan for about 10 minutes, and then invert the brownies onto the cooling racks. When your brownies are cooled down, keep them in the freeze for about 30 minutes.
- Take a serving plate and put one brownie on the plate. Scoop out ice cream and spread it evenly. Now sprinkle chopped snickers and top it with a frozen brownie layer.
- Put the cake in the freezer for 1 hour. Now take it out and put one more scoop of ice cream on top. Drizzle some hot fudge, then dulce de leche, and top it with snickers.
- Keep it in the refrigerator again for one more hour.
- Slice it like a cake and serve.
Read More- Delicious Recipes Using Egg Yolk
Kit Kat Ice Cream Cake
We have another homemade ice cream cake recipe for kit kat lovers here. If you are hosting your kid’s birthday party, this ice cream cake will definitely be the star dessert.
- 8 1/2 oz. creme-filled sugar wafers
- 1 1/2 pt. vanilla ice cream softened
- One c. Hot Fudge Sauce
- 8 1/4 oz. bottle chocolate magical shell
- One c. chopped Kit Kat candy bars
- Take a loaf pan and line it with parchment paper. Lay the cookies crosswise from the long sides on the bottom of the pan and fill the entire bottom layer this way.
- Now put fudge over the cookies and spread evenly using the spoon back. Layer the fudge with an ice cream scoop and smoothen it with a spatula. Now create another layer of cookies, followed by fudge, then repeat it again and end with a layer of ice cream on top.
- Now crumble the remaining cookies and gently press them on the ice cream. Keep it in the freeze for 4 hours.
- When it’s time to serve, invert the ice cream cake on a serving plate. Drizzle some magic shell and top it with Kit Kat crumbles.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Ice Cream Cake
Here we are with more easy ice cream cake recipes to try at home.
- Six c. Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- One gallon vanilla ice cream softened
- 1 13-16 oz. jar dulce de leche
- To make the crust:
- Add cereal to the food processor and pulse until you get fine crumbs, or you can even crush them in a zip lock bag. Add melted butter to the food processor and stir everything until combined fully. The texture should resemble wet sand.
- To make the cake:
- Put half of the mixture at the bottom of the springform pan. Evenly spread half of the ice cream on top of it. Now pour dulce de leche on top. Sprinkle the crust on top and press down with your hands.
- Spread the remaining ice cream on top of the second crunch layer. Cover it with plastic wrap and froze for 6 hours or overnight.
- When it’s time to serve, carefully slide a knife around the edges to loosen the cake.
- Take off the plastic wrap and pour more dulce de leche on the cake. Sprinkle some more cinnamon crunch and serve!
Fruity Pebble Crunch Ice Cream Cake
Here we have a delicious ice cream cake with fruity pebble flavors.
- 4 cups Fruity Pebbles
- white chocolate chips 1 1/2 cups
- 1 1/2 tablespoons shortening
- Half gallon vanilla ice cream
- To make this ice cream cake, start by taking half a gallon of vanilla ice cream and put it in the fridge.
- Take a large bowl and add fruity pebbles. Melt white chocolate chips with shortening in the microwave. Pour melted chocolate all over fruity pebbles and stir to coat evenly.
- Now pour this mixture on parchment paper. Let the white chocolate coating harden, and once done, break the cereal into bite-size.
- Take another large bowl to mix half one gallon of vanilla ice cream and 2 cups of cereal pieces. Spread them evenly on the springform pan.
- Top it with remaining cereal pieces and press lightly into the ice cream.
- Cover the pan and keep it in the freezer for 6-7 hours or overnight. When you serve, slide the knife around the edges of the pan and remove it on the serving plate.
- Slice it down and serve cold.
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake
Who doesn’t love good cookies and cream ice cream? It’s even better when you can turn it into an ice cream cake.
- 1 9×4″ loaf chocolate pound cake
- 5 cups vanilla ice cream
- 18 Oreos
- Optional: 1 cup whipped cream
- Line a loaf pan with wax paper.
- Slice the pound cake in three equal halves lengthwise.
- Put a layer of cake at the bottom of the loaf pan. Spread about one-third ice cream evenly over the cake.
- Now add a layer of crushed Oreos/choco-filled cookies and press them gently into the ice cream.
- Keep repeating the process until you get three layers the same way.
- Now press the wax paper gently over the top layer of ice cream and cover it with plastic wrap. Put the pan into the freezer overnight.
- When you are ready to serve, put whipped cream on the top layer and sprinkle more crushed Oreos.
- Cut into slice and enjoy!